Search
Register
Bush says he is asking for ANOTHER $87 billion...to cont war
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Bush says he is asking for ANOTHER $87 billion...to cont war  Reply with quote  

how could he possibly get re-elected.

how could people possibly see the benefit of spending another $87 million dollars to continue this bullshit war?

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?????

Who saw the address?

Somebody get me to speed here
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:37 pm
pericles_perry

um... bush doesnt seem to understand that eventually we need to pay back all this debt. that seems to be whats up. i dont know where bush thinks money comes from, but he seems to think that war costs are like college loans and that his dad will pay them off within the next couple years. thats the only way i can explain this...
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:57 pm
bensandoval

pericles_perry wrote:
i dont know where bush thinks money comes from, but he seems to think that war costs are like college loans and that his dad will pay them off within the next couple years. thats the only way i can explain this...
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:00 pm
KefkaTaran

I saw it, and I completely agree. Me and a friend were watching it from about half-way in (we tuned in a minute or two before he mentioned the big numbers) and we couldn't help but continuously comment on what a dumbass he was. Then when they threw the numbers back up on screen when he finished, we got to really gape at his idiocy.

My friend (and Keanu Reeves) said it best: "Whoa."
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:04 pm
pericles_perry

my favorite bush line ever came right before the iraq war started..

"and iraqi people, do NOT burn oil wells, that will be your economy in the future. i repeat do NOT burn the oil wells. this is vital for YOUR economy"

ya...ok bushy...
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:08 pm
Dialectz

I saw that shit and after about 5 minutes I switched over and watched that Bonzai show with the asian people doing some stupid contest. Mad funny.
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:09 pm
bensandoval

yeah, i remember that line. we were watching that speech in my school's cafeteria. it was pretty funny hearing about 20 people simultaneously say "did he just say that?"
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:10 pm
pericles_perry

yea i know really. you would think after all the shit he had taken for allegedly going into iraq for oil he (or whoever wrote the speech) wouldve left that out...
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:11 pm
bensandoval

but that would make way too much sense
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:12 pm
pericles_perry

true, the biggest victim of this administration may be common sense you are right...
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:19 pm
Reason

Yo, when is the movement to stop corporate politics and war going to happen? I'm serious, things have to change.
As terrible as 9/11 was, it was more of a wake up call than anything.
.....but I guess we're getting all the terrorists with the war in Iraq.......yeah.
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:36 pm
tie-my-shoe

that's my bush
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:37 pm
pericles_perry

i think reason hit on a good point. as easy as it is to blame bush for iraq solely, hes really just playin by the rules to get re elected.

if he invades north korea or iran because there would be too many casualities and it would probably be seen as another vietnam, lowering his chances of getting re elected.

if he invades saudi arabia gas goes up to 20 bucks a gallon and theres no way he gets re elected

if he does nothing people notice hes fucked up the economy and he doesnt get re elected

he makes up a war against iraq and takes his chances.

unfortunately thats politics these days, do what you have to do to get re elected regardles of the ethical consequences...
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:42 pm
Reason

Unfortunately, that is how politics are working these days.

But does anyone think that a movement to reform American government is actually possible?
I think that it could be, but this apathy bred by society seems to be quite a hurdle to get over, it would have to start with hip hop, but the kicker would be mainstream rap.
Those mothafuckers have so much influence on American teen culture that they could really do something.
Any thoughts?
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:57 pm
the mean
Certified O.G.

Reason wrote:
I think that it could be, but this apathy bred by society seems to be quite a hurdle to get over, it would have to start with hip hop, but the kicker would be mainstream rap.
Those mothafuckers have so much influence on American teen culture that they could really do something.
Any thoughts?

But i think that mainstream rap (in general) is very conservative. Don't think they will be pushing for an overhaul of the system when they are thriving under the current system. This is obviously a generalization. What Russell Simmons has been doing is interesting, but i don't know how much good it will do.
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:03 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next