Register
Any vegans/vegetarians here?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

FilthyRich

this forums filled with such unquestionable faggots
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:50 pm

quasifoto

i'm a 30 yr old male vegan and i feel like i'm in perfect health. plenty of energy. i skateboard, play basketball, hike, kayak, run etc. no hair loss or any of that bullshit. i don't know of any vegans that have those problems except maybe kids who don't know to stay off the junk. my only weekness is i can't cook! thank god i'm married.

diets do vary from person to person though. some people need more sleep than others, so maybe one person's balanced diet isn't anothers. don't insinuate that a vegan can't be healthy though, cause that's not true. i really think most anyone can find plenty of nutrition in a vegan diet.
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:54 pm
FilthyRich

is it me or are all Sage's fans middle aged, middle class, middlemen living in middle America with "dietry needs", a "shrink" and a university lecturer way of phrasing things?

Last edited by FilthyRich on Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:56 pm

tim

hmm i think it's just you.

by the way, you're giving your fellow brits are bad name. really.
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:00 pm
Samtron

post im not a vegan. personally i think we have the tools to eat meat (ie. the type of teath and digestive track) a clue that meat is ok. i have a i know kid who is vegan and so is his dad. and i went to a hindu wedding once that served only vegetarian food. i like trying to eat vegetarian meals because their ideas for food are so different then wut i usually eat. i still have beef once or twice a week at least. plus the annarchist write up that was on earlier i luved. where were you when i started an annarchist disscusion board?
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:12 pm
imatopos

Filthy  Reply with quote  

Call me crazy, but I'm starting to like Filthy. He's got a keen eye.

By the way, Filthy, British spelling is played out, even in the UK--best to get on some Modern American Usage, sucka. "Whilst" is corny no matter where you're from . . .
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:50 pm
FilthyRich

We invented the language, I think we know better than you how to spell stuff.
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:01 pm

imatopos

Aw filthy, I though you had a sense of humour  Reply with quote  

I mean humor--my bad
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:27 pm
FilthyRich

you mean humoUr...
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:29 pm

tinkleDRINKER

imapotamus  Reply with quote  

cys and met are essential - therefore if you don't have them in your diet you have a problem (i can refernce the study if you give me some time) - cholesterol is also essential. i do not want to fight with anyone... i was veg for 12 years (ethical) and i know that there are a slew of people just waiting to break down your personal beliefs - i do not want to be one of those people. i simply wanted to share my experience. i was diagnosed (PCP) w/ severe malnutrition and we thought that exercise would be the reason... considering i was healthy until i was exercising regularly - i am now healthy.. right in the thick part of curve.
As far as ethical... my contention was i would try to live without causing suffering as long as it didn't affect my well being... it did! so i switched. i do not doubt that you or the other guy are healthy... you'll have to excuse the third degree, but around here anyone can claim to be a triathelte. i ask questions to make sure the people i am talking to, are on the level.
I want people to know that this lifestyle can cause harm - there are plenty of half-assed studies and propaganda claiming that veg and vegan are the way to go and i think that people considering that lifestyle should here my story... all that i am saying is... watch it. i know more than "joe-six-pack" about nutrition and i ate what i was supposed to... so what does this mean for the 16 y.o. that picks up some shitty book on veganism and does not understand the Biochemistry ?

anyway... i appreciate you coming at me like a man - your points are valid and as i said my story is an n=1 (as well as yours). good luck in the ironman and better luck holding true to beliefs.

peace'
jay del

Last edited by tinkleDRINKER on Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:28 pm
the mean
Certified O.G.

Re: imapotamus  Reply with quote  

tinkleDRINKER wrote:

I want people to know that this lifestyle can cause harm - there are plenty of half-assed studies and propaganda claiming that veg and vegan are the way to go and i think that people considering that lifestyle should here my story... all that i am saying is... watch it. i know more than "joe-six-pack" about nutrition and i ate what i was supposed to... so what does this mean for the 16 y.o. that picks up some shitty book on veganism and does not understand the Biochemistry ?

anyway... i appreciate you coming at me like a man - your points are valid and as i said my story is an n=1 (as well as yours). good luck in the ironman and better luck holding true to beliefs.

peace'
jay delcarpini

Just one last quick note before i go to bed. If someone can pick up a book on veganism and read it, they have done more research and are probably more educatd about what they put into their bodies than 95% of Americans. The average American diet is not a healthy one. My guess is that the average vegan, your case not withstanding, is much healthier than the average non-vegan if for no other reason than they pay attention to their diets. By the way, tinkle drinking can't be very good for you, can it? I'm just saying.
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:41 pm
August Spies

Quote:

The average American diet is not a healthy one.

I don't think ANYONE is claiming that.
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:43 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tinkleDRINKER

Re: imapotamus  Reply with quote  

the mean wrote:
tinkleDRINKER wrote:

peace'
jay del

Just one last quick note before i go to bed. If someone can pick up a book on veganism and read it, they have done more research and are probably more educatd about what they put into their bodies than 95% of Americans. The average American diet is not a healthy one. My guess is that the average vegan, your case not withstanding, is much healthier than the average non-vegan if for no other reason than they pay attention to their diets. By the way, tinkle drinking can't be very good for you, can it? I'm just saying.

drinking urine is a vice... what is a brother to do. also two or three books on veganism is no substitute for a formal education in BCH. anyway... the golden goblet calls.
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:55 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4