Profile
Search
Register
Log in
"Baby...I'm an anarchist, you're a spineless liberal...
View previous topic | View next topic >

Post new topic Reply to topic
Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Author Message
August Spies



Joined: 09 Aug 2002
Posts: 1979
Location: D.C.
 Reply with quote  

anarchism means no rulers, or if you want no goverment.

It does not mean "no society"

such an idea is utterly absurd. Any group of people instnatly constitute a society. As long as people live society exists.
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:34 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hugh grants hooker
Guest




 Reply with quote  

MessiahCarey wrote:
johnny yuma wrote:
the people are ruling themselves which isnt allowed for in an anarchist way of life.


Ummm..

That's EXACTLY the anarchist way of life.


- Shane


nope. that would mean that the people are the rulers.

anarchy specifically states NO rulers.
its total freedom. complete freedom.
democracy doesnt allow for total freedom because the vote decides what is gonna be done.
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:35 am
 
hugh grants hooker
Guest




 Reply with quote  

August Spies wrote:
anarchism means no rulers, or if you want no goverment.

It does not mean "no society"

such an idea is utterly absurd. Any group of people instnatly constitute a society. As long as people live society exists.


yes i totallly FREE society, no voting, no laws, no rules, no rulers. free.
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:36 am
 
MessiahCarey



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 10924
 Reply with quote  

johnny yuma wrote:
MessiahCarey wrote:
johnny yuma wrote:
the people are ruling themselves which isnt allowed for in an anarchist way of life.


Ummm..

That's EXACTLY the anarchist way of life.


- Shane


nope. that would mean that the people are the rulers.

anarchy specifically states NO rulers.
its total freedom. complete freedom.
democracy doesnt allow for total freedom because the vote decides what is gonna be done.


No. It means that the people rule themselves. Literally, not figuratively.
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:49 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hugh grants hooker
Guest




 Reply with quote  

no shane. it doesnt.

if you had read all the posts, you would have noted that i posted the exact definition already.

it doesnt mean the people rule themselves... in fact the people CANT rule themselves because RULE is contrary to meaning.
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:29 pm
 
MessiahCarey



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 10924
 Reply with quote  

johnny yuma wrote:
no shane. it doesnt.

if you had read all the posts, you would have noted that i posted the exact definition already.

it doesnt mean the people rule themselves... in fact the people CANT rule themselves because RULE is contrary to meaning.


Heh. Right on then.

1. Absence of any form of POLITICAL authority.

My authority over the children of my family are not political.

Nor is my authority over the goods I produce and sell.

Not all authority is political.

- Shane
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:02 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MessiahCarey



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 10924
 Reply with quote  

World Book Encyclopedia:

"Anarchism «AN uhr kihz uhm», is a belief that every form of regulation or government is immoral, and that restraint of one person by another is an evil which must be destroyed. Anarchism comes from a Greek word meaning without government."

There is what we're speaking on. Whatever literal translation of the word you would like to dwell upon notwithstanding.

- Shane
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:31 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
August Spies



Joined: 09 Aug 2002
Posts: 1979
Location: D.C.
 Reply with quote  

See shane, everyone that talks to yuma ends up having absurd childish arguents with him. Just ignore teh troll.
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:16 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MessiahCarey



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 10924
 Reply with quote  

August Spies wrote:
See shane, everyone that talks to yuma ends up having absurd childish arguents with him. Just ignore teh troll.


Haha. I ain't mad at it. I'm not having an absurd childish argument I don't think, just showing him the discrepency between what you and he were talking about.


<shrug>


Why don't we all stop bickering and burn some flags?

- Shane
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:24 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
August Spies



Joined: 09 Aug 2002
Posts: 1979
Location: D.C.
 Reply with quote  

i'm on it
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:25 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hugh grants hooker
Guest




 Reply with quote  

August Spies wrote:
See shane, everyone that talks to yuma ends up having absurd childish arguents with him. Just ignore teh troll.


fuck you you dumb ass cry baby.

you constantly come with that shit about "you just argue so childishly and throw insults". FUCKIN LOOK AT WHAT YOU WRITE.
and thats after i havent even been around today. you pussy. keep this shit up.
you think, that by ATTEMPTING proper grammar, you can fool these people into thinking you're above someone else. NO. you may have fooled one or two of the kids, but you ARE wrong. people are slowly seeing it and turning on you. hide and watch the future kid.

now let me quote shane and show him where he fucked up.
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:58 pm
 
hugh grants hooker
Guest




 Reply with quote  

MessiahCarey wrote:
World Book Encyclopedia:

"Anarchism «AN uhr kihz uhm», is a belief that every form of regulation or government is immoral, and that restraint of one person by another is an evil which must be destroyed. Anarchism comes from a Greek word meaning without government."

There is what we're speaking on.
- Shane


okay. take that definition alone then shane.

"EVERY form of regulation or gov is immoral"
isnt democracy a form of regulation? yes.





wrong wrong wrong.
keep burrying yourselves.
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:00 pm
 
duke_city



Joined: 05 Jul 2002
Posts: 3208
Location: San Diego,CA
 Reply with quote  

August Spies wrote:
See shane, everyone that talks to yuma ends up having absurd childish arguents with him. Just ignore teh troll.


August Spies you have some nerve dude.

1. You are a complete hypocrite.

You have called me and several other people names and acted very immature (pointing out spelling mistakes and never admitting your are wrong) yet you somehow think you are justified in condemning others of the very actions you are guilty of?

2. Learn what a troll means.

A troll on a messageboard is someone who posts a message for no other sake then to ruffle up the people then flee.

A troll does not discuss the topic and argue opinion.

Brian
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:07 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MessiahCarey



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 10924
 Reply with quote  

johnny yuma wrote:
MessiahCarey wrote:
World Book Encyclopedia:

"Anarchism «AN uhr kihz uhm», is a belief that every form of regulation or government is immoral, and that restraint of one person by another is an evil which must be destroyed. Anarchism comes from a Greek word meaning without government."

There is what we're speaking on.
- Shane


okay. take that definition alone then shane.

"EVERY form of regulation or gov is immoral"
isnt democracy a form of regulation? yes.





wrong wrong wrong.
keep burrying yourselves.


Ha. Alright. You win, I was wrong on comparing anarchism to Democracy...but then again, I was saying Democracy without laws which isn't really a Democracy to begin with...and anarchism definately shouldn't be compared using established names for political entities - you're right...however sometimes it needs to be done to make people understand.

But it was all really really really fucking pointless. The ideas weren't even fucking discussed, just the fucking definition of a fucking word.

As I was saying to Brian before, let's fucking use this shit the right way...state our opinion, state our frame of reference, and then debate there if we wish to or something....I'd rather not see 12 or so pages of bickering over semantics.

- Shane
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:17 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hugh grants hooker
Guest




 Reply with quote  

exactly. thank you.

i stated about 10 pages back that this would go much more smoothly if we could just use the term 'libertarian socialism' since thats what august is actually trying to talk about.
thats what he means.
he just refuses to change it because if he did this topic wouldnt get argued.
then he wouldnt be getting attention.
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 4:21 pm
 

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:04 pm
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon