Register
Primo makes a public statement to the hiphop world:
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Primo makes a public statement to the hiphop world:  Reply with quote  

Lesson 1

I think it's time to refresh your memory on what reppin' tha real means! If you consider yourself a Hip Hop DJ then you do not need to read this.

For those that do need to read this, I suggest u do your history. The definition of a DJ is to break a record based on how their heart feels about the joint that they drop the needle on without any other opinions allowed until your own is made. We force the next style of what should stay and what should go! If you dick-ride the artform just to be down then this is not the business for you, especially as a DJ. My point is to take risks that the heart says take and dont ever compromise your integrity just so you can see your name up in lights. Trust me, it aint worth it.

As you can see, the major labels have once again watered down Hip Hop like all other music, and now, the DJ is actin' corporate! How can a DJ be told how to spin when the job the DJ is given was for a mixshow/Hip Hop show! The DJ makes all the rules.. same for mixtape cats! I dont hear a rub of a turntable on hardly any so-called mixtapes these days which forces me to get back to doing mine again because nobody is being fresh with they shit!

So i'm starting all over with the elements of what started this game, and reppin' it to the fullest like I always do, and be one of the first! Why be last? This is why I bring to you a new real O.G. status label, Year Round! The name speaks for itself how I do it! And the music will always sound like what the name stands for... straight outta the Bronx and Harlem I bring the first installment of the real rap game: NYG'Z!

If you are a true G and we all should know what that means then you can relate to what these two have to offer! There is no sugar in this tank, just square bizness!! We gonna start off lightly just to break you slow catz in.

One Love...
DJ Premier 8-6-2002 (6pm)

PS: Be on the lookout for Queensbridge's best that never did it!!! (Poet!!!!!!!!!!)
Oh boy!!!!!!!!!!
Post Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:22 pm
Abinatra

P R E M 0  Reply with quote  

i'm printing this to put up over my setup...

Post Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:24 pm
Dee

who are "NYGZ"?
Post Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:29 pm
amano

Preem is the fuckin man.
Post Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:12 pm
Gee-Q

"this i deticate to the mix tapes i hate, exclusive shit, it really holds no weight, put your skills on the plate, backspin to 88'"- Pete Rock

peace
gee_Q
Post Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:20 pm
td3

he's right about mixtapes... none of them do have any sort of real "DJ" talents on them...

why do mix tape "dj's" even get popular??? what do they REALLY do? 99% of them out are just "blends" which are always off-beat

wack!

word to primo

td3
Post Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:22 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
amano

agreed. Not to mention that a lot of em are really obnoxious. Especially Clue, Flex, and Kid Capri..

do we really need to hear your annoying ass yell over the fuckin song while it's playin?? C'mon, I bought the damn mixtape so I can hear the tracks and yes I know it's an exclusive after the first damn time you tell me, no need to keep yellin it again and again at the most unappropriate times.

I won't even get into how annoying it is to hear flex's bomb sound effects go off between and during every track.
Post Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:28 pm
Gee-Q

well.....  Reply with quote  

The reason these DJ's get popular is because most Mixx tapes are exclusive shit, thats what sells.

I forgot what the cd was called but Q-bert laced it on his cd. Also Primo had a dope cd back in the day with NY reality check or whatever.

The yelling over the chorus' and intros is soo no other "exclusive" DJ copies it for there mixx tape.
uugghhh dont get me started on FunkFlex.. i hate him

peace

gee-Q

GeeQ718@aol.com
Post Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:30 pm
amano

yeah yer right on that, it's still annoying as hell sometimes. Maybe it's just them I'm irritated by. I'm not dissin their skills or anything cause they're nice but they're just obnoxious to me.

did that primo mixtape have 8 steps to perfection by CoFlow on it?? Cause I got that dl-ed on my comp and at the end it's got someone sayin Premier spliced.

Primo is one of my all time favorite producers. I've never heard anything he's ever done that I wasn't feelin.
Post Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:41 pm
Gee-Q

yeah that primo cd had 8 steps to perfection.
It also had J-Live "Braggin Writes"...shit was hott wit all the scratches.

NY Reality check came out in like 98'

peace
gee_Q
Post Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:54 pm
SergOne

NYGz = New York Giantz I forgot who all is in it, but the word is they are champs
Post Wed Sep 04, 2002 10:10 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
amano

geeQ718 wrote:
yeah that primo cd had 8 steps to perfection.
It also had J-Live "Braggin Writes"...shit was hott wit all the scratches.

NY Reality check came out in like 98'

peace
gee_Q

yeah I spotted that at this record store here a few weeks ago. I copped Cann Ox's cold vein instead cause I couldn't believe I still hadn't got that cd. hehe
Post Thu Sep 05, 2002 12:33 am
Pizon

Rakaa shouts out the NYG'z on the "Clockwork" track, which was, uncoincidentaly, produced by Primo.
Post Thu Sep 05, 2002 10:31 pm
amano

I still can't believe Dre rejected 3 of Primo's tracks for Rakim's upcoming album.
Post Thu Sep 05, 2002 10:34 pm
Dee

I eagerly await lesson 2....
Post Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:39 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next