Search
Register
e.l.f. urban terrorists? or fighting the good fight?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

mortalthoughts
LAME KID

e.l.f. urban terrorists? or fighting the good fight?  Reply with quote  

ive noticed on the news the e.l.f.<earth liberation front> have been lighting suvs on fire and spray painting suvs etc etc

the thing i dont get is if there about helping the earth doesnt lighting suv's on fire kind of ruin the cause?
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:05 pm
hugh grants hooker

yes, because you get gasoline, oil, and other fluids directly hitting the ground. which is actually illegal in itself.

not to mention the fumes and chemicals into the atmosphere.

terrible idea.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:09 pm

Billy Gnosis

Well, you can look at it 2 ways. Is the one time burning of a few gallons fossil fuel harmful? Certainly. But is it more harmful than the thousands and thousands of gallons that would otherwise we consumed by a ridiculously inefficient vehicle? Fuck no.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:13 pm
hugh grants hooker

thats an unfair comparison.

do you think burning someone's suv is gonna make them never drive an suv again? no.

insurance covers it... this time next week, they will be back in sadle again.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:16 pm

Sarcastro

ya all those stupid fuckers are doin is raising insurane prices, and making people view them as terrorists.

Way to help your cause.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:32 pm
Billy Gnosis

Well, I'll make it even more unfair. Those SUVs were at a dealer. Whether the dealer, or the SUVs manufacturer had to pay the insurance premium (and deductable), whoever it is they're about to be paying a whole lot more.

If it's the dealer, maybe it'll be incentive to drop the insurance, and stop carrying SUVs all together. If it's the SUVs maker, they take a huge loss on the cars and have to produce that many more of them.

Nyah.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:33 pm
hugh grants hooker

suv's outsell everyother vehicle type in this country. insurance companies make more money on suvs than any other vehicle type.

neither is gonna risk that money.

insurance companies arent gonna fuck around enough to risk client losses to dealers.
and dealers will NEVER stop making millions from suv sales.
and for a company to stop making the suvs... thats out of the question.

as sarcastro pointed out, all they are doing is making themselves out to be terrorists and fucking the average person (regardless of vehicle type) into paying more for insurance. they dont wanna piss off the suv owners, so they spread the rate increases equally.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:39 pm

August Spies

your average person does not drive an SUV, rich assholes who should be routinly punched in the face do. Fuck em, I don't care if they end up paying more insurance.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:07 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hugh grants hooker

rich assholes? you can buy an suv for like 500 bucks...
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:12 pm

August Spies

johnny yuma wrote:
rich assholes? you can buy an suv for like 500 bucks...

no.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:27 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hugh grants hooker

yes i did it.

i bought a blazer for 500 bucks about 3 years ago.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:28 pm

quasifoto

sure you can buy any car for dirt cheap, but most of the SUV's we see now are bullshit trophy cars. i think sole said car shaped penis? it's the modern cadillac and every morning i see about half the cars on the highway are SUV's with one person in them.

i don't know the ELF inside out so i can't defend they're everymove. But it's economic sabatoge to SUV dealers. I agree- FUCK EM! Noone will target your $500 piece of shit. They go after the dealers mostly anyway. And that's who takes the hit by far.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:46 pm
hugh grants hooker

they wont go after my 500 dollar piece of shit because i dont have it anymore. i bought it just to fill it up with gas everyday and then just leave it running in the driveway until its empty. then i refilled it. finally i got bored and burned it down... cuz thats better for everyone.

seriously though, why does it matter how many are in the vehicle? i see big impalas and shit all day that only have 1 person in them. then i see something that makes me laugh, a geo metro with 5 people in it. haha
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:54 pm

hugh grants hooker

quasifoto wrote:
most of the SUV's we see now are bullshit trophy cars.

okay now, this is a serious question. what is the actual purpose of a car? i mean, what purpose is a car supposed to provide that these suv's arent providing? What makes them 'trophy' cars?
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:57 pm

Sarcastro

even if SUV's are trophy cars, and even if they do cause more damage to the environment than regular cars, it changes nothing.

the insurance company is going to make everyone pay more to offset their loss, they will not make just SUV dealers pay more. That would be blaming the victim.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:08 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next