Search
Register
"Civilians" wearing army clothes
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Mike McDermot

"Civilians" wearing army clothes  Reply with quote  

a comment in a recent thread inspired this post. Should civilians who have not served in the armed forces wear army clothing, particularly clothing that signifies or suggests that they themselves have served?

I say no, no one should, for no reason. I feel it shows disrespect for people serving in the military. I hold this opinion being against war myself, and having never served in the armed forces. I feel that those who would lay thier lives down for WHAT THEY FEEL is protecting my freedom (regardless of whether or not thats whats actually happening), deserve at least the distiction of being the only people who get to wear the uniforms they wear while doing it. It shows disrespect by saying "look, i COULD be in the army." Or "War is fashion." It does not show support, or at the very least the majority of army personnel dont feel supported when they see civilians walking around with their uniforms on. So give your clothes to the vietnam vet on the corner driven crazy from the death he saw on your way to Abercrombie & Fitch where you can reap the benefits of capitalism he gave his mental state for. Show your support some other way. If your intention is disrespect, you're displaying it to the wrong individuals. Dont shoot the messenger, soldiers aren't allowed the luxury of picking their battles or having political agendas. If you dislike killing, go live in a country that didnt have to be stolen by your ancestors.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:36 am
maxamillion

Is this a cheap shot at Sage because of his jacket????????????

Master!!!!!! They're doing it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:38 am
barlow

Should civilians who have never taught geography be allowed to wear corduroy jackets?

I think not. for no reason. Ever. Speaking as someone who doesnt know where the fuck Karachi is, I think it is incredibly disrepectful to pretend to even know about obscure rock formations. These poor geography (and history, sometimes) spent an entire life being mocked by there peers for there obscene lack of clothing co-ordination, only for some shitty little college kid to go to some second-hand store to try and look "cool". How the fuck do you think that looks to poor Mr Blenkinsop, having spent a life time in fasion crisis, seeing skinny fucking indie kids in thick rimmed glasses rubbing the salt into the wounds.
You want to wear the clothing? Get to fucking teachers school and learn about how clouds make rain, how wide the Amazon is, and most importantly, how to pronounce the name of that town in Wales with the stupidly long name. If you dislike geography so much, and want to learn nothing about anything outside of your own country, move to the USA.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:06 am
barlow

PS. I know exactly where the Karachi is. It is in Bradford.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:07 am
barlow

PPS. Sorry about the "move to the USA" part.

I know, I know. I just can't resist somedays.

I won't do it again.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:09 am
rubix138

barlow wrote:

You want to wear the clothing? Get to fucking teachers school and learn about how clouds make rain, how wide the Amazon is, and most importantly, how to pronounce the name of that town in Wales with the stupidly long name. If you dislike geography so much, and want to learn nothing about anything outside of your own country, move to the USA.

If you want to learn about the USA move to any country, they seem to know everything about America
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:35 am
Reggie

I'll tell you what you should definitely do: scrutinize your every action and the actions of others, and hold them to an irrelevant standard until you are as boring and redundant as Wal-Mart furniture. Sheesh.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:06 am
Clark Nova

I'm not a cow but I wear leather.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:55 am
Krang
THE ORC BREATH

I'll support stopping civilians wearing army clothes if the armed services stop wearing civilian clothes.

My civilian people are being disrespected by government killers wearing our attire when off duty.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:34 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

mine is a Xaul Zan jacket. He served in Nam. He makes me dress in straw skirts and bamboo sandles whenever the flashbacks happen.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:41 am
hugh grants hooker

good question.

my question is, should military fucks be allowed to wear civilian clothing?
if they always wear their uniform, we would always be able to spot the idiots of society.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:01 am

Awww mn

great.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:04 am
emynd

I saw a Marines shirt that says:

"The Marines: When It Absolutely, Positively Must Be Destroyed By Tomorrow Morning"

I almost bought it, but got a bit frightened by the prospect of some radically buff Marine calling me out on the fact that I'm not in the Marines and that I'm Middle Eastern and that he's going to kill me for being a Middle Eastern wearing a Marines shirt.

Maybe I should change my name.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:53 am
Machiavel

you guys should be carefull, mike mcdermont might just go nuts and kill you all, you know mass murder style.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:14 pm
Mike McDermot

wow, i just re-read my post and damn i sounded angry! It's actually not something i feel THAT passionate about, but i do stand by what i said. I thought more ppl would agree with me, but this is an indy hip hop board, and most here would like to believe they're free because of the inherent benevolence of mother nature or something. The fact is people died, lots of people died for your right (which i also hold dear), to criticize your government. I believe they deserve our respect, thank you for the thoughtful post Strange.
Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:41 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next