Search
Register
Why do People say that Walt Disney is so Evil?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

firefly

Why do People say that Walt Disney is so Evil?  Reply with quote  

I mean, I hear it all the time but I never heard anyone say anything bad about the guy/company. All anyone seems to have to say about it is that he's filthy rich.

One thing that I do find quite odd is that a lot of the movies that come out were based on stories by "the Brothers grim." Who wrote some pretty twisted shit and obviously changed it to be child friendly but still that seems a little fucked up to me.

But besides that I don't see anything "evil" about Disney. I think it might just be some bullshit that some other rich dude made up.

P.S. Is the dude even still alive?
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:21 pm
SneepSnopDotCom
COCKRING WRAITH

I have heard rumors about nazi sympathy...

I have also heard less believable rumors that he was a satanist.. I have heard that they just thought he was a satanist, but he was really into aleister crowley and all that crazy shit. Then, of course, he is cryogenically frozen and being kept under the water in the pirates of the caribbean ride.

Last edited by SneepSnopDotCom on Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:24 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Machiavel

satanism is a joke. its just anti christianity. its not actually worship of the devil. as far as i know there hasnt been a real documented demon worshiping religion.

on the other hand they suck, because they are trying to extend the copyright laws to 90 years instead of whatever it is currently, so they dont lose mickey mouse... but it would have a huge impact on other industries like the music and entertainment indurstry...
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:27 pm
squirtisblow

hah i actually took a walt disney class....he was a really racist guy and kinda stole mickey mouse, well put it this way he wasn't the only person who invented the mouse. hence the simpsons episode. plus he ouwldn't let artists sign there names on anything cuz he wanted everything to be walt, and he wouldnt hire you unless u were like white and had the girl or boy next door look...plus he was a capitalist..haha.pieces
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:29 pm
MF TOON

.eqw
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:32 pm
Krang
THE ORC BREATH

he sold poison milk to school children
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:33 pm
FoJaR

pee nus.
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:36 pm
Krang
THE ORC BREATH

Just when i think fojar cant get any funnier, WHAMMO
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:38 pm
FoJaR

Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:42 pm
August Spies

Machiavel wrote:
satanism is a joke. its just anti christianity. its not actually worship of the devil. as far as i know there hasnt been a real documented demon worshiping religion.

on the other hand they suck, because they are trying to extend the copyright laws to 90 years instead of whatever it is currently, so they dont lose mickey mouse... but it would have a huge impact on other industries like the music and entertainment indurstry...

your first paragraph is wrong. Satanism is not "anti-christianity" its a belief system with its own tennets focused around pleasure. The person who created it just called it satanism for shock value. I'm not a fan of it or anything, but just setting the record straight...

your second paragraph is right though. Disney (the company) has fucked us all over with their copyright shit.
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:44 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
INCREDIBLE MAN

walt disney is a funny man. isnt he frozen so he can come to life in the future???????
...yeah.
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:46 pm
FoJaR

that would be Dr. Evil.
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:46 pm
Machiavel

August Spies wrote:

your first paragraph is wrong. Satanism is not "anti-christianity" its a belief system with its own tennets focused around pleasure. The person who created it just called it satanism for shock value. I'm not a fan of it or anything, but just setting the record straight...

dood how is my first paragraph wrong? the guy wrote the satanist bible contradicting everything in the 'holy bible'. I know its a belief system, and in general it is just based on contradicting everything in the bible. i mean, i even said that it didnt revolve around worshiping devils too heh. i dont see why you disagreed with me i guess.

and is it just me or does that dood in the little mermaid picture have a boner, the guy in the black pants.
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:55 pm
FoJaR

just you, queerbait.
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:56 pm
MF TOON

squirtisblow wrote:
hah i actually took a walt disney class....he was a really racist guy and kinda stole mickey mouse, well put it this way he wasn't the only person who invented the mouse. hence the simpsons episode. plus he ouwldn't let artists sign there names on anything cuz he wanted everything to be walt, and he wouldnt hire you unless u were like white and had the girl or boy next door look...plus he was a capitalist..haha.pieces

you have no basis for the ridiculous claims that you make. Id love to know what class you actually took which tought you this because it is the biggest pile of bullshit Ive ever heard. Those are all false rumors, no truth to them what so ever. Walt Disney was far from racist, half of his animation department consisted of Jews and during World War II, the entire Disney studio was taken over by the military as part of the war effort and they focused on creating and producing training, propaganda and educational films for the Armed Forces including the feature length theatrical, 'Victory Through Airpower' which was released in 1943, all anti-nazi propaganda films. James Baskett was hired in 1945 as the first ever full-length, live action film actor for the Disney Studios, a balck man who incidentally just so happened to win an honorary academy award in 1948 for his leading role in Disneys 'Song Of The South', despite the fact that he wasnt even able to attend the premiere due to the refusal from hotel managements to allow a black person to stay in any of their rooms. Disney supported him thoroughly along the way. Walt was a very efficient and direct person, he had a vision and he wanted things done his way. Theres no question about that, and as a result, many people called him a dictator. His animation staff was not always in 100% agreement with Walt's views and perceptions of the way things should be done and Walt did not leave his team much creative leeway which in turn led to a big strike and many of the animators walked out and founded Termite Terrace which is where they created the Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies and Warner cartoons, essentially the complete and total opposite of Disney but without Walt's pressence, that never would have happened. These are ridiculous exageratioons and there is no truth to them what so ever. As far as Wlat "stealing" Mickey Mouse, that shows just how much you learned in your "class"... Walt Disney createdMickey Mouse, Ub Iwerks was the man that brought him to life. He was responsible for most of the animation as well as defining the character but after a sour deal with Ub and Pat Powers who was investing in Disney's company in exchange for a share of the profits, Powers broke out and Ub was obligated to stay with him which was in turn why he essentially "left" Disney and the Mickey Mouse fortune behind, bad move.
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:19 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next