Search
Register
where does the image/picture of jesus christ come from?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Dee

mr self distrukt wrote:
according to the Gza, the white image of Christ was really Ceaser and/or the second son of Pope Alexander.

Actually that's Killa Priest....
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:19 pm
kese

pictures of the white jesus were painted long before the renissance, the tradition of white jesus was started in paintings in the middle ages as early as the 11th century and came into full effect in the medieval period, or around 12-1300 when thee majority of christian art was being made., The renissance took place in the 14-1500's. Leonardo was the best painter there ever was in my opinion and quite possibly the most famous, but he didn't concoct the idea of a white jesus, Though maybe the popularity of his paintings (and there weren't many of them) helped perpetuate the phenomenon. From what i've learned, the story of jesus has been recycled from other ancient religions, and that the white image of christ was Ceasare Borgia (not Julius Ceasar), and i don't believe that Michalangelo had painted the image of christ too often. He did paint God as an old white male though, in the sistine chapel, that hugely impressive work was the nail in the coffin, god then became white after that. His best work though was the series of statues where he carves slaves emerging from stone, some say they are unfinished, but i believe micealangelo was avant garde, and on another level for for his time. check for them they're real dope.
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:04 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mr self distrukt

djdee2005 wrote:
mr self distrukt wrote:
according to the Gza, the white image of Christ was really Ceaser and/or the second son of Pope Alexander.

uh no, that's Gza from the classic Liquid Swords cut "B.I.B.L.E."
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:15 pm
kese

slaves  Reply with quote  

Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:24 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kese

mr self distrukt wrote:
djdee2005 wrote:
mr self distrukt wrote:

uh no, that's Gza from the classic Liquid Swords cut "B.I.B.L.E."

uhh no, actually it's killa priest on gza's album, he's got that song on his slept on album Heavy Mental
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:25 pm
Doctrine

It is KILLAH PRIEST - B.I.B.L.E.

It was on GZA's album "Liquid Swords" though a slightly different version in the musical mixing and mastering did NOT have GZA on it...ONLY KILLAH PRIEST...

The track was originally on Killah Priest - Heavy Mental...Which to me was an incredible album...
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:32 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mr self distrukt

i guess i just don't know my wu like you.
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:33 pm
Doctrine

On the real...I used to be OBSESSED with that stuff...It's good...
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:36 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bles

How the fuck can you not tell GZA and Killah Priest apart? Seriously... and I just fucking quoted the line on the same page.

Go kill yourself.

(edit...
And no it wasn't originally on Heavy Mental... Heavy Mental came out in like 97/98, Liquid Swords dropped in 95.

You should both kill yourselves. Kill each other actually.)

...and you have the balls to call it a "classic cut". Oi vey.....
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:48 pm
mr self distrukt

you're so intelligent...

IT IS A FUCKING CLASSIC CUT.
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST BLES. I'M FUCKING SORRY.
WHAT'S YOUR DAMN PROBLEM?

Last edited by mr self distrukt on Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:02 pm
Doctrine

You did get me there on the release thing...

I'm getting the noose as we speak...
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:02 pm
kese

Sarcophagus with Scenes from the Passion of Christ (probably from the Catacomb of Domitilla):
Christ carrying the Cross, detail of 1st [far L.] panel, mid-4th century A.D
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:32 pm
Doctrine

The cross Jesus was hung on was the Roman cross which in fact was a 'T'...Not the one you see all the rappers wearing...That cross is the I want to say spanish cross...

And as for that picture above...Jesus carrying the cross sure wasn't a picnic like that...But it's cool to see the hair was curly in the depiction...Those are curls right?
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:37 pm
hugh grants hooker

it looks more like a 'ceaser' style cut.
Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:38 pm

kese

Cesare Borgia

Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:47 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next