Search
Register
U.S. Soldiers kill Reuters reporter.
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Nortled

Wordsmyth wrote:
What this war is really about is the ultimate weapon of mass destruction - the nuclear bomb.

More pointedly, the reason for the fevered attempts to acquire or produce one is to fulfill the dream of creating the "Arab bomb" or in the case of the Iranians the "Islamic bomb". Each of the leaders of the Middle East seeks to become the leader of that part of the world. From Libya?s Khadafi to the mullahs of Iran to Saddam Hussein of Iraq each of these megalomaniacs seeks to unify the Arab and/or Islamic world behind them politically and militarily. They seek to follow the footsteps of Mohammed by challenging the West and its offspring, the modern nation of Israel.

Hahaha, you've got it all pinned down, right? We started the killing halfway across the world because of the off chance that middle east nations were in a race to build nuclear weapons. Ok, that's a good reason; may as well make an example of one and give them a Big Brotherly beatdown, right? Our "carry a big stick" style won't harbor resentment and more terrorist acts down the line? We're ending up on a lot of people's shit lists right now.

And respect is earned, never forget that. I admire people making the sacrifice for the RIGHT REASONS. There are always bad apples in the bunch, and past conflicts of this century have shown that serious offenders of war crimes get cloaked by the tame military court-martial system.
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:36 am
Dee

Oh shit, Wordsmyth set it off now...
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:29 am
Wordsmyth

*yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn*

HECTOR GRAMAJO MORALES, a former defence minister in Guatemala, was allowed to live for years in the US in the 1990s. He got a study scholarship from the US government. A US court had ruled, "The evidence suggests that Gramajo devised and directed the implementation of a campaign on terror against Guatamalan rebels." (Guatamalan Rueters : over 1,600 revolutionaries killed, all backing a proverbial Soviet take over, from groups such as the CDR, who funded missle imports from Soviet Russia.)

JOSE GUILLERMO GARCIA has lived in Florida since the early 1990s. He headed El Salvador's military when it killed thousands of revolutionaries 20 years go. ( El Salvador agreed that the 2,000 killed, though rather hard-lined, could have prevented more than 7.500 deaths in the region)

EMMANUEL CONSTANT was head of the infamous FRAPH death squads, which launched a wave of terror in Haiti in the early 1990s...(now, I admit the whole Haiti campaign was off there, but it WAS aimed at ending terorism/weapons imports/illegal sales/illegal usage, and methamphets. Over 1,000 die. Over 20,000 in the region affected peacefully by the hindering of drugs/weapons.)

people take these flaws in history and turn them into reason why America is the worst place in the world. well, why don't you travel to southern america, Guatemala, El Salvador - see how long you can last while preaching democracy and civil rights.......
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:28 am

Krang
THE ORC BREATH

Wordsmyth wrote:

What this war is really about is the ultimate weapon of mass destruction - the nuclear bomb.

More pointedly, the reason for the fevered attempts to acquire or produce one is to fulfill the dream of creating the "Arab bomb" or in the case of the Iranians the "Islamic bomb". Each of the leaders of the Middle East seeks to become the leader of that part of the world. From Libya?s Khadafi to the mullahs of Iran to Saddam Hussein of Iraq each of these megalomaniacs seeks to unify the Arab and/or Islamic world behind them politically and militarily. They seek to follow the footsteps of Mohammed by challenging the West and its offspring, the modern nation of Israel.

To reunite the Arab and Islamic world under one banner and one leader has been the dream from the Caliphs to Nasser. For in Islamic terms there is only the world that has been conquered by Islam and the world that has yet to be conquered by Islam. Fueled by their hatred of the Jews and Israel as well as their frustration with the power, prestige and dominance of the Western world, they seek a way to stand up and successfully reclaim the prestige and power that they once had. The acquisition of nuclear weapons is seen as the way to accomplish this goal of Arab/Islamic unity and power and the assertion of their proper place in the modern world.

This scenario is widely feared by the West, and as we can see great strides are being taken to prevent that dream from becoming reality. Thanks to the policies of the last administration with regard to North Korea we are facing the ugly potential of nuclear blackmail. It is the nightmare scenario come true. Thanksfully, North Korea has no fellow nations to rally or worldwide agenda to wage. But the Arabic and Islamic world does.

There are reasons the nations of Iraq, Iran and North Korea are labeled the Axis of Evil by our President. These three nations have funded, trained, equipped, supported and encouraged terrorists of all stripes and ideologies in their shadow war against the West. Each has achieved, or is frantically attempting to achieve, the production of the "great equalizer" against Western civilization, the nuclear bomb. North Korea is believed to actually have at least one or two. Iraq and Iran are both frighteningly close. The United States and its true allies have decided that Iraq is the first to be stopped from achieving a weapon that could actually cause massive destruction in their homelands.

So, despite the rhetoric and protests, this is a war that is both necessary and important. The events of 9-11 have shown the mettle and hatred possessed by our enemies. Now is the time to show our might with the conviction that we are in the right

aahahahahahahahahhahahahahaahahahahahahaha

watch out man, cuban commie terrorists might kill you and your family
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:23 am
MessiahCarey

Wordsmyth wrote:
why don't you travel to southern america, Guatemala, El Salvador - see how long you can last while preaching democracy and civil rights.......

Yeah man...fuck fixing that leaking tire if the other 3 are flat.

Seriously. Think, then type.

For the record, I don't think America is the worst country in the world...nor do I think anyone else here has said that. I would contest that America is the most dangerous based solely on the firepower they hold (not necessarily the decisions made with them...some are good, some are bad...these are HUMANS we are talking about, and some of them MAKE MISTAKES...of course the right will never say "Well, one of our made a mistake" nor will the left...which is why you're all fucking weird. Heh...'I'm N-o-t-h-i-n-g'...bah...fucking ADD....I'll end this parenthetical expression with the following character: ) - watch, then I'll go right back and finish that sentence you forgot was even going on!), but to say that they are the "worst" is going to be based on a million different things anyway. Obviously if you're an indian, America sucks. Until the 70's it sucked pretty bad if you were black, too (as a side note, it's still WORSE in America for blacks than it is in say....Brazil...just a thought). It's a matter of perspective and opinion, which is why anyone getting offended or even minorly irritated that someone else has a different opinion of the country is pretty silly. I could, frankly, give a fuck less what they call the section of dirt I eat, sleep, fuck and make noise on...but I ain't mad atcha if you DO care. I guess I'm just too liberal, wanting everyone to have their own opinions and shit.

But don't ever tell me to stop watching the decision my leaders make based solely on the fact that my country isn't AS BAD as others. That's just fucking stupid, and a great way to let it get that bad!

- Shane
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:59 am
duck_shoe

Wordsmyth wrote:
*yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn*

HECTOR GRAMAJO MORALES, a former defence minister in Guatemala, was allowed to live for years in the US in the 1990s. He got a study scholarship from the US government. A US court had ruled, "The evidence suggests that Gramajo devised and directed the implementation of a campaign on terror against Guatamalan rebels." (Guatamalan Rueters : over 1,600 revolutionaries killed, all backing a proverbial Soviet take over, from groups such as the CDR, who funded missle imports from Soviet Russia.)

JOSE GUILLERMO GARCIA has lived in Florida since the early 1990s. He headed El Salvador's military when it killed thousands of revolutionaries 20 years go. ( El Salvador agreed that the 2,000 killed, though rather hard-lined, could have prevented more than 7.500 deaths in the region)

EMMANUEL CONSTANT was head of the infamous FRAPH death squads, which launched a wave of terror in Haiti in the early 1990s...(now, I admit the whole Haiti campaign was off there, but it WAS aimed at ending terorism/weapons imports/illegal sales/illegal usage, and methamphets. Over 1,000 die. Over 20,000 in the region affected peacefully by the hindering of drugs/weapons.)

people take these flaws in history and turn them into reason why America is the worst place in the world. well, why don't you travel to southern america, Guatemala, El Salvador - see how long you can last while preaching democracy and civil rights.......

yaaaaaaaawn...hypocrisy is hypocrisy, however you try to justify it. The actions of the above men fit the governments own definition of terrorism, yet they are harboring them, as well as the Cuban exiles who were recognized as a terrorist group by the very government that was protecting them. It turns out that the American government is not REALLY against terrorism, they're just against terrorism that isn't in their best interests.
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:19 am
furiousgeorge

i hate these conversations...listen up you fucks! im only going to say this once...maybe twice, everyone knows war is wrong, no one in their right mind likes war, some times ( not nesesarily now in iraq) it is nessessary. as for the journolist who was shot...if you are stupid enough to go to a place like iraq during a war to get ' the good shots' your an idiot. and if your family is dumb anough to put the blame on the soldiers i have one thing to say, rules of engadgment, he obviously knew of the danger of being in iraq so its his own fault.

patrick
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:21 am
Dee

furiousgeorge wrote:
i hate these conversations...listen up you fucks! im only going to say this once...maybe twice, everyone knows war is wrong, no one in their right mind likes war, some times ( not nesesarily now in iraq) it is nessessary. as for the journolist who was shot...if you are stupid enough to go to a place like iraq during a war to get ' the good shots' your an idiot. and if your family is dumb anough to put the blame on the soldiers i have one thing to say, rules of engadgment, he obviously knew of the danger of being in iraq so its his own fault.

patrick

Yeah...who wants reporters reporting on the war anyway!!!!!
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:01 am
furiousgeorge

first off i didnt say i dont want them to i said that they know the danger that they face so they can take responsibility, second off it seems that half of you complain about the biased news sources so if a person from fox news is there it isnt doing much good

oh well he is dead he shouldnt have died, but he did

patrick
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:12 am
MessiahCarey

Patrick's on point, I think...I don't know, I'm on the fence.

For instance...the military can't be blamed for anything beyond the fact that they shouldn't be there to create the news in the first place...the rest of them are just doing what they need to do in order to live the American dream. If I'm in a tank and you have a large cylindrical object draped over your shoulder and you're in fatigues, you have a little under 5 seconds to put it down and declare your status as a combatant...otherwise there's a possibility I'll be eating mortar, Wordsmyth is definately on point with THAT much.

On the other hand, the officer that was approached regarding filming could have informed the unit that there was going to be a camera crew in the area - which makes my first scenario a little bit different...but still leaves a margin for error.

The camera NEEDS to understand that he's in a "warzone" (I use the quotes because for some reason G.W. thinks the war is over yet there are still all these casualties...have we risen to a # of "post"-war casualties that are equal or above the casualties from the actual conflict yet?). As such, he also needs to understand that his life is always in danger and friendly fire is one of those dangers. He could have put the camera down, identified himself, and then done some filming.

Mistakes were made all around, no ONE person or "side" to the conflict can take the blame for this sort of thing.

But YES, it serves as a great example why war is risky business...and in that regard I say plaster that last video all over the news.

- Shane
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:28 pm
squirtisblow

its stupid think about it, the first thing kids do when they get frustrated is hit....war is just a childish game for elites who have lives to dispense at there finger tips. like i said before there is another way to solve things. i dunno i just get depressed when i realize how childish and stupid our world is. america says" we will never forget" but we already have by going over there, killing there people and terrorising there people. america just wants what in its interest. we have to realize we are the terrorists too. in 10 years when iraq is still shitty cuz we fucked up the cities n shit, see whos gonna be the terrorists. thats what happened with afghanistan...pieces.
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:10 pm
MessiahCarey

squirtisblow wrote:
its stupid think about it, the first thing kids do when they get frustrated is hit....war is just a childish game for elites who have lives to dispense at there finger tips. like i said before there is another way to solve things. i dunno i just get depressed when i realize how childish and stupid our world is. america says" we will never forget" but we already have by going over there, killing there people and terrorising there people. america just wants what in its interest. we have to realize we are the terrorists too. in 10 years when iraq is still shitty cuz we fucked up the cities n shit, see whos gonna be the terrorists. thats what happened with afghanistan...pieces.

I entirely agree, but that doesn't mean that the cat standing there wondering weather the "camera" is an "RPG" has a chance to think about that shit before he's dead - nahmean?
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:14 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

theres an assumed rrisk for any camera man anywhere
he and everybody else knew something MIGHT go wrong

he knew there was a chance that something bad might happen friendly fire\getting shot by an iraqi etc etc
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:20 pm
Machiavel

keep watchin faux news wordy.

no matter what the reasons we went to war for, no matter if they were just or not we should not be doing what we are doing now. We are engaging in a geurilla conflict and trying to use armored vehicles and artillery to win it. We are also denying help from other countries to help rebuild the nation. We are also trying to keep nato out of it because we dont want germany or france to get their hands in the mud.

So no matter if you thought the war is just or not, its deffinately bullshit now.

We went looking for weapons we thought iraq shouldnt have, and we used weapons outlawed by the geneva convention (i belive) and then lied about it.

The Rules of engagement WERE broken when the soldiers killed the iraqi cameraman. Needless to say, its arguably not the soldiers fault's. The problem with conflict in urban areas is that it is very difficult to tell an armed civilian from an armed soldier.

Anyway, the point is this war is bullshit, we are just throwing away U.S. soldiers, we are increasing anti U.S. sentiment among Middle eastern nations, and we are being total hypocorites with the whole media thing. ( i believe its against the geneva/hauge convention to display enemy bodies on television).

mabey bush should issue anathor dare to the iraqis to "bring it on" that should help the situation some.
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:41 pm
Don Knotts

i'm think u (wordsmith ) must have some family or some shit in the war and u are trying to convince urself they are putting themselves at risk for some kind of a just cause.

the US has accidently killed more ( give or take a few, depends on ur sources, but even conservative estimates are huge ) civilians since 9-11 ( including both iraq and afghanistan ) than than the # that died during the 9-11 tragedy itself.

where are the WMD?

look at the state of iraq right now.

there is practically a one death a day average for US soldiers in iraq right now. what about their families?

why not spend the war money on something DOMESTIC

with your reply, please be consise wordsmith, i'm not trying to read all this shit u looked up on google.
Post Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:56 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next