Search
Register
Aug 29, 2002 I would just like to say...
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Path

the only picture i have of sage is him biting his thumb next to me and my friend. WHY.

haha.
Post Thu Aug 29, 2002 12:08 pm
MOS

sage told me that out of all his fans, im one of his favorites....i just wanna say thanks man that means alot. im kidding, but that would be neat
Post Thu Aug 29, 2002 3:04 pm
kamereon

oh yea...  Reply with quote  

sage told me that if i let him feel my ass, he would give me a copy of the non-prophets lp. i let him do it, but when i got home and played the bootleg... it was just some fucker called "barman".

sage if you go on tour please come to the cow haus again. i will buy you dinner. ...and who knows there may be a back rub in it for you baby.

take time off. chill. if you lay low for awhile the abusers and trend chasers will all fall away, but we will all still be here when you get back.
sincerely yours
your biggest fan this is stan. oops
i meant... peace,
adam from pensacola
Post Thu Aug 29, 2002 3:26 pm
Plaid

Relax, you need to calm down. Bring it down a notch.

Earth to Paul...
Post Thu Aug 29, 2002 3:28 pm
KnowU

The depths of Sage?  Reply with quote  

Robust had me download a song over a year ago entitled "Inherited Scars". No you have to understand, I live in this little pod of a town in eastern NY, right outside of Albany...so had it not been for this ONE song, I never would have falln in love with the music. I listen to all kinds of music, I even listen to country now...I know I know not the best thing to admit to in one of these rooms right? haha so feel my sincerity! Sage...your words hit a nerve in me...I don't know what it is, but everytime I'm by myself listening to your stuff (I have gotten into a lot of the other artists but you and the atmosphere have been the most inspirational to me) I have to have silence and I listen to the words over, and OVER, and OOOOOVVVEEERRRR again. No, I have never been to a show or whatnot, but it's really just a personal thing to me. I do plan on coming to nyc sometime to see some shows, but it doesn't matter if I see you live. Youdon't have to present all of your energy onstage because so much of it is in your words.

Today on my way home from Albany, I was driving and listening to "The Woman with the Tatooed Hands", and I had it on repeat. There is something about that song, maybe just the way you phrase things in how it just seems like you can see things that most people can't. That you can express things that most people don't even have the words for. This guy had me download it as a joke, later telling me how its all about some woman messin with herself. In an odd sense I think its one of the purest songs of thought that I have heard.

I just want to commend you for what you do, and tell you how incredibly admirable it is, for reasons I wont explain on this. But, if you can reach some girl out in the middle of nowhere on a dirt road with fields upon fields surrounding her who has always thought in an "unusual" way...then I think that that is something, but I don't know...at least I feel lucky. Hope all continues to go well for you, and I check stuff out on the intenet about your current stuff so Ill know. Thank you for the poetry Sage.

Sarah
Post Thu Aug 29, 2002 4:17 pm
td3

no Sarah....

thank YOU
Post Thu Aug 29, 2002 4:26 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
futuristxen

Sarah, so you know, "The Woman with Tatooed Hands" is done by Slug of atmosphere fame, they make nice music too.

But I understand what you're saying, I ran into Sage's music while I was living in a tiny town in the backwaters of the midwest.

That was a very thoughtful post.
Post Thu Aug 29, 2002 5:14 pm
Plaid

My constant struggle for anticon music began long ago when a san jose head sent me Sole - Suicide song, and Sage - Mermaids are Sea Sluts.

right now im all about josh martinez.
Post Thu Aug 29, 2002 5:18 pm
mc poohammer

ive got to agree with that^^^^. josh martinez has been in my rotation for a month or so now. i usually have to change the cd every couple of songs, so that says alot for mr martinez.
Post Thu Aug 29, 2002 5:55 pm
Plaid

Exile is my favorite song of his. I like Rainy Day, RIP RAP, and Under Abstract Art.
Post Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:42 pm
praton3030

Hey Sage, what is this happiness comming from u, r u truelly having good days now, u use to trash ppl who would email u just to say they r a big fan of urs. It kinda scares me, but i like it, have more days like this sage
Post Thu Aug 29, 2002 7:04 pm
Gee-Q

josh martinez = BORING

Another MC i'll admitt to not liking.

Im sorry
I rather listen to some shiny suit shit

peace

gee-Q
Post Thu Aug 29, 2002 7:42 pm
Cire

..  Reply with quote  

dope.. i am a cool fan.
Post Thu Aug 29, 2002 8:03 pm
Plaid

I like Josh's shit cause its different, and I like his flows. I haven't really gotten that deep into it as say I have Sage, Slug, or Sole. But whatever, it still sounds good to me.
Post Thu Aug 29, 2002 8:46 pm
KnowU

futuristxen, thanx...see when I am just downloading songs off the net and stuff...they come under wrong names and shit so you never know. Regardless...the majority of the hip hop stuff I have is all atmosphere, sage, and aesop. but i have a mix of it all. I dunno, I just really love it and get into it my own way. I have always loved poetry, and thats exactly what this is. It's the first time I have ever heard it put together so well though and so thought out, I am not on here trying to kiss ass, because I don't know any of you all, I just think that those of you who make it and those of you who can appreciate it in your own way deserve a thanks for taking music to a whole new level.
Post Thu Aug 29, 2002 8:49 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next