Search
Register
what does it mean to be agnostic?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

mortalthoughts
LAME KID

what does it mean to be agnostic?  Reply with quote  

agnostic : not to deny that a 'higher power' exists but to be open minded to one not existing

right?

and how can someone say that being agnostic is being confused?

me personally i don t think it will effect my daily life either way, im going to do what i do...because i choose to..........
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:47 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

and how can one claim it to be religon when there is no firm belief in anything?
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:51 pm
kese

it's being reasonable, ther is no way to know if God exists, It is what isn't ,it's too ill to comprehend in our little brains of which we only use 10% off, think of the size of the planet, then think of the size of the solar system(already this is incomprehensabble), then think of the size of the galaxy, Then think of the size of multiple galaxaies, then think of all those galaxies combining to form a universe, then think of different dimensions within that universe, and what about the different dimensions withing those dimensions, or how about the different dimensions within the dimensions within the dimensons of this infinite seen universe..... If you claim to know what god is, who is either all this (and/or more) or outside of all of it, i call bullshit on you, prove it, you're just holding onto a narrow view of it all as a crutch, i don't believe an ounce of your religion>

Being agnostic is knowing your place without all the idolatry........
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:57 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hugh grants hooker

its a group of people bonded together in confusion. plain and simple.
here is the official definition of agnostic:

Definition of Agnostic:
Agnosticism is a concept, not a religion. It is a belief related to the existence or non-existence of God.

An agnostic is a person who feels that God's existence can neither be proved nor disproved, on the basis of current evidence. Agnostics note that some theologians and philosophers have tried to to prove, for millennia, that God exists. Others have attempted to prove that God does not exist. Neither side has convincingly succeeded at their task.

Are they Theists? No, because Agnostics do not believe in a God, or a Goddess, or in multiple Gods, or multiple Goddesses or in a pantheon of Gods and Goddesses.

However, some Agnostics consider themselves to be Atheists.
----------------------------------------------

there ya go.
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:02 pm

kese

Re: what does it mean to be agnostic?  Reply with quote  

bluntedinmichigan wrote:
me personally i don t think it will effect my daily life either way, im going to do what i do...because i choose to..........

or do you choose to? or was it all determined at the beginnig or time? me, i'm gonna go take a pee and cook up some veggie burgers and wit for some more conversation and listen to some "shades of blue" cause that's how it is today... just going with the flow....
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:05 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The_Human

I just found out that I am TRULY agnostic.
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:06 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

basicly what i thought
i dont think it will ever be proven if 'god' exists or not

Quote:

However, some Agnostics consider themselves to be Atheists

doesnt make sense
hugh grants hooker

kese - why do you keep pointing out our position in the universe and the amount of brain use we have?

if a god created us, wouldnt he want us to serve him and/or his purpose in some way? i think so.
now, if he wants us to serve him or worship him... wouldnt he make us able to comprehend his messages and to understand CERTAIN aspects of him? i think so.

mortalthoughts
LAME KID

Re: what does it mean to be agnostic?  Reply with quote  

kese wrote:
bluntedinmichigan wrote:

or do you choose to? or was it all determined at the beginnig or time? me, i'm gonna go take a pee and cook up some veggie burgers and wit for some more conversation and listen to some "shades of blue" cause that's how it is today... just going with the flow....

i dont really care to be honest
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:07 pm
The_Human

Seriously:

Would the current 'evidence' of an existance of God hold in a court of law??[I dont base my beliefs on this]

I think not.

It seems to be pretty circumstantial, but I guess that really depends on your definition of 'GOD'.....

The problem is that everybodys definition of God is different, therfore its an impossible argument.
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:08 pm
hugh grants hooker

depends on the jury
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:10 pm

The_Human

[Family Fued Style]

Good Answer!!! Good Answer!!!

Haha
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:12 pm
kese

it just means don't get arrogant, we as a planet don't knows shit, if god created existence than he created everything i'm only smart enough to belive that he exists but that since we're stuck in such bullshit as arguing over message board, that we're not close enough to him to even have a clue, so to call an agnostic confused is pure ignorance
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:18 pm
hugh grants hooker

perhaps some of us believe we're too close to him for us to sit around being agnostic.

and that we're too close to him for our position in the universe to matter, because he wouldnt create us and then throw us to the other side of the universe so that we couldnt be close to him.

please try to keep this serious and on topic. i havent been calling you arrogant or ignorant during this. you've done it to me on pretty much every post so far.
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:22 pm

hugh grants hooker

also the literal definition of agnostic is: negative knowledge.
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:24 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next