Search
Register
hands up if you've ever been in a band....
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

coma emilio

hands up if you've ever been in a band....  Reply with quote  

like proper guitars, drums and shit.
was in one a few years ago and boy it was bad.
the music was dross of the highest calibre but apart from the fact we couldn't really play or write songs with even the slightest touch of originality it was kind of fun.

i'd highly recommend the learning of instruments and the forming of groups.
one of these days i'll start another band and things will be different this time!
anyone else had any bad/good experiences in bands?
Post Fri Jul 05, 2002 2:09 pm
BoggleTheory

First Band  Reply with quote  

I was the fifth Beatle....if that counts for anything.
Post Fri Jul 05, 2002 2:15 pm
dense

i used to be in a crazy deathmetal/ hardcore band..... i was the vocalist so i had the job of screaming and grunting at the front..... we were pretty good because the guitarists were dope so it was all very complex and well thought out..... i don't think we had a track under seven minutes though so we must have been kinda boring!...........
Post Fri Jul 05, 2002 2:16 pm
td3

hahah  Reply with quote  

yup..

i was the singer in TRANSGRESSION (aka: 2Degrees) back in like '96... we were "devilcore / hardcore" . Aftershock opened up for US once... weird

-td3-
Post Fri Jul 05, 2002 2:26 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dense

word.... aftershock were great.... the cd was dope but the demo was incredible.......
Post Fri Jul 05, 2002 3:06 pm
daniel door

bizand  Reply with quote  

eye am currently the vocalist in an experimental band. kind of a mix of jazz,indie,noise,grind,folk and pretty much anything we think sounds good or different. we'll pretty good but, done a few shows and got a few more coming up. the manager of the locust expressed some interest in us and asked for a tape so it's pretty jive. the only downside to what we do though is we really dont fit in any scene so it's harder to find shows.
Post Fri Jul 05, 2002 10:49 pm
Mikal kHill

I'm the MC in a hip-hop band that uses all live instruments... We're called kHill morgan.
Post Fri Jul 05, 2002 11:00 pm
brando

i was in a band  Reply with quote  

When I was in highschool, I was the singer for Schtik.We were just a jam band, so it was always fun. I was kicked out of the band once for spending too much time with my girlfriend; but they soon found out that my friends girlfriend couldnt carry a note. The sad thing was that they were still using my songs. Assholes. I wrote some fresh ass songs and tried to explain to my bros that they were doing it all wrong. I had a vision and those selfish assholes fucked it all up! hehehe..nah Im just screwin around. Im the asshole. peace. brandon.
Post Fri Jul 05, 2002 11:07 pm
shaunxcore

bands  Reply with quote  

I am currently playing drums in a hc band, other then that i used to play drums in a band called parallax that is still releasing amazing stuff. playing music is one of the most important things in my life, cant imagine not doing it really. creative expression, release of aggression.. probably the only thing that keeps me from killing fucking kids that smoke on bus's is playing music.
Post Sat Jul 06, 2002 8:14 am
molasses

I used to be the singer in a grindcore band called Fuck The Facts. Now it's a chick, and I just stand around and talk every once in a while.
Post Sat Jul 06, 2002 8:45 am
Varick_Pyr

I used to do vocals in a crazy post-punk band (Jack's Jealous Mind)... that was short-lived... we all moved... haha. I founded a jazz-funk band back in '95... we still do shows... only released live albums. And I'm producing for a industrial/metal band (Rummage101) at the moment... me on guitar when we're live.
Post Sat Jul 06, 2002 12:02 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Jump to: